Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
I love French fries! Who is with me? But of course I can’t have these guilty pleasures all the time if I want to keep from blowing up like a cow and die young from a heart attack. IDK why when people think of eating healthy they associate it with boring, tasteless, and depriving foods (like eating paper or cotton balls). Well that is far from the truth, there are a LOT of delicious foods that are good for you as well! That’s the only kind I like
If you love fries like I do, these fries will help you with your cravings and make you more beautiful at the same time ! Sweet potatoes are super beautifying because they are low in calories, high in antioxidants, vitamins A, C, & B, and fiber (keeps you full longer).
Sweet Potato Fries
- aluminum foil for pan
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 F.
- Half the sweet potatoes lengthwise.
- Place on flat slide and slice 5-6 spears (thick and long strips) of sweet potato.
- Place them on the aluminum foil and toss with olive oil and sugar. Spread them in one layer. It is important that they have space around them and aren’t piled up on each other.
- Bake for 15 minutes and turn with tongs or a spatula. Bake for another 5 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add salt and pepper. Serve hot, room temperature, or cold.