By Alya Alyssa Kattan
Do you sit for long periods at a time? Maybe you have a desk job or you’re a college student and you have to sit for long hours at a time studying. If your goal is weight loss or if you want a healthier way to work at the office, how does the idea of walking while you work sound? If you like that idea, this product might be for you?
With a treadmill for a desk you can reduce stress, improve focus, workout your heart, lose weight, have more energy and more time in the day to do the things you never seem to have time to get to (getting your workout out of the way will free you up some time) and sitting for long periods can be dangerous for our health.
This product is great for:
- People who have desk jobs
- Anyone who sits for 8 or more hours a day
If you’re not interested in purchasing one of these treadmills, make sure to move and stand as much as possible. Some ways I try to get as much movement as possible:
- I pace back and forth when I am talking on the phone (I make sure that no one is around so they won’t think I am crazy).
- I take the stairs whenever possible.
- I walk everywhere I can.
- I hand wash the dishes instead of using the dishwasher.
- When I was a student, I would read my textbook while using a stationary bike.
- I read while standing or walking around.
- I stand instead of sit whenever I can.
Losing weight doesn’t have to be a struggle. Remember that making a few simple changes add up and make a world of difference.