Yoga is Satanic?

1 Dec

By Alya Alyssa Kattan

Hello my loves!  I don’t know if any of you read the story featured in the Huffington post saying that yoga is the work of the devil.  Shocking right?

The Vatican’s chief exorcist, who has banished evil spirits from 70,000 people, says yoga leads to a belief in Hinduism, and “all eastern religions are based on a false belief in reincarnation,” He said practicing yoga leads to evil “just like the Harry Potter books,” which he believes promote black magic. “In Harry Potter the devil acts in a crafty and covert manner, under the guise of extraordinary powers, magic spells, and curses,” said Amorth.  Top yoga practitioners say they don’t know what possessed Amorth to make such absurd statements.

I want your feedback!  What do you guys think?

About these ads

9 Responses to “Yoga is Satanic?”

1. nimra December 1, 2011 at 11:58 PM #

i’ve actually been thinking the same for a while, but not really sure :o

2. moderatechristian December 2, 2011 at 7:04 AM #

I have heard that before. Many Christians don’t practice Yoga as well, due to the sun salute, and the “OM”s. They think that you are emptying your mind and perhaps something can enter…

I don’t agree with this at all and think it is great for stretching and strengthening. They are also silly to make this strong assertion because it makes the religion seem crazy

3. Sunset Painting December 2, 2011 at 4:13 PM #

WTH? I do yoga every weekend cuz it’s so helpful and relaxing. I can’t believe it the work of devil! What now? Do I have to stop doing it?

4. annegallagher December 3, 2011 at 7:39 PM #

This seems paranoid. It seems silly that people are afraid of things outside of their religious tradition. Maybe this Vatican guy should try yoga!

5. hudabeauty December 4, 2011 at 4:00 PM #

Seriously?!

6. aveverignosis December 6, 2011 at 1:23 AM #

lol.

7. Attia December 7, 2011 at 4:11 AM #

seriously??? I do yoga sometimes. In my Yoga class, I just don’t say a rhyme which my Yoga teacher says before start and after end in Hindi n that is actually a prayer for Hindus. Rest in my opinion, its great for stretching.

8. Iman December 7, 2011 at 6:43 PM #

WHAAT??? Never heard that before!

9. Cndy December 10, 2011 at 11:10 AM #